Sunday, April 01, 2007

Comparative Cognition Conference




A few weeks ago I went to the Comparative Cognition Conference in Florida. I had a great time and I got to visit one of my favorite zoos (The Brevard Zoo). They had this new exhibit with the girafee and you can feed them graham crackers. You can see how close they get to you. It was truly amazing how many people thought that just because they came close to you they wanted to be petted. It is difficult for people to understand that not all animal enjoy being touched by people. Things have been really busy this semester. I am in the middle of advising and things are wrapping up this semester. We only have 3 more weeks of classes then we have finals. Josh is busy with baseball so basically he is never home.
This weekend was a very active weekend in our area. We had the Cooper River Bridge run which has about 30,000 people running in downtown Charleston, we had the Cajun festival in James Island (just a part of Charleston) and we had the Flowertown festival in Summerville. I was able to go the the FLowertown festival b/c it is about 5 minutes from my house. They shut down all of downtown Summerville and they have booths and vendors set up. It was perfect weather this weekend. I am looking forward for this summer for a nice break so hopefully I'll have some interesting pics to post.

No comments: