Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stars Hollow




Josh usually jokes with me that the reason I really like living in Summerville is b/c it reminds me of Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls. Well last night we had an experience that provides me with an example of this. We went to downtown Summerville last night for the lighting of the christmas lights. All of downtown was closed off, people were gathered in the streets, a choir was singing and the mayor turned on the lights of the trees in downtown. People then walked around and enjoyed the lights and listened to music played by our local high school. As you were walking around you would run into people you knew and even a guy that looked exactly like Santa. We ran into the Tuckers and they got a picture of him so I hope they post it on their blog. Anyway, it was a great event for families and it really gets you in the Christmas spirit.

2 comments:

steele family said...

it looks beautiful, definitely feels like Christmas now!

Bridget said...

Oh I loved Gilmore Girls! I loved living in NY b/c of that feeling. Although in Ithaca it was usually already completely coated in snow by now.