Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I found CRAWFISH!!!!





Okay, so living in SC you have some great choices in seafood, Shrimp, oysters, fish....but no crawfish. We have lived here three years and every year at this time I crave a good batch of crawfish. Well each year they hold a Cajun Festival down in James Island (which is about 45 minutes from where we live) and they have it all. They have crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, and music. So this year we met up with Meagan and Jeff and went to the festival. I had a good time and ate my fill of crawfish. Josh entered the crawfish eating contest. How many crawfish can you peel and eat in 30 seconds. He did good, he ate 14 crawfish. The guy that beat him in his heat ate 15. Now the guy that won overall ate 27. The people that make the crawfish every year are originally from Covington, LA so they actually do know how to boil it.

2 comments:

steele family said...

that looks so yummy!

Jennifer Walker said...

Sounds like fun and looks so good. I'll have to see if they have one of those in Orlando. The only difference is that SC is still the Deep South. Orlando...not so much. It might be farther south on the map, but not farther south in spirit.