

This has been Emma's first week at St. Lukes. There are 4 other little girls in her room. Emma is the same age as another Emma. There are two others that are 7 months old. By comparison to all of the other girls in the room our Emma is very tall and looks twice their age. She cries every time we drop her off. I pick her up most days. The first day I picked her up she said bye bye mama, bye bye mama. That is her first sentence. She has become a lot more vocal since she started. She is repeating words and sounds. She now says, bye bye (and waves bye bye with both hands), mama, dada, stop (she hears me say this to ranger), I think no, and then every once in a while she says something we say. Her first day she started off cranky, which you can see in the picture. She seemed fine when we first got there but as soon as we walked out she was upset. They said they had to walk her up and down to hall. She eats well and takes short naps. She follows after the workers in the room and she can be a little whiney. I think that will change once she gets more adjusted.
No comments:
Post a Comment