Sunday, April 30, 2006

Finals

You know when I finished school I was so glad I would not have to ever take another test or final but now instead of taking them I have to give them. I have to say that I don't enjoy it too much. I don't mind making and grading the exams it is when students come crying to my office saying they have to get a certain grade. I have some sympathy but to some extent I wonder why they didn't make more of an effort throughout the semester to make a certain grade. Most times they don't do the extra credit and they don't turn in assignments. I don't change my grading or my policy at the end of the semester so if they don't pass then I just feel bad for them and they often blame me for their poor grade (go figure). I often comment throughout the semester I am more worried about their grades then they are. Well I can say they finally get it by the end of the semester b/c that is when they begin to worry. I guess I will just have to get a tougher skin and not worry so much.

No comments: