Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Road Trip
Today I took off and went with the baseball team to play Savannah State. So this is my first experience riding the team bus. Suprisingly, on the way there it was pretty quiet (I guess everyone was sleeping). So, we get to Savannah and they play at a very (how do I say this nicely?) impoverished field. So I set up camp with my chair and a book. You may ask, Why a book? Weren't you watching the game? Oh, did I mention we get there 2 hours before the game for batting practice and warm-up, so I had plenty of time to kill. Anyway, we lost the game and I got sunburned. The bus ride home with a bunch of guys after they lost was interesting. The first hour no one says anything. But during this time our bus driver takes us the scenic route out of Savannah so I really enjoyed seeing some of the old homes in downtown with the tree covered streets. After we stopped for a bite to eat they finally start talking. Now it is what you would expect from a bus full of guys. Lots of cutting up and story telling so I just sat back and listened. I tell you it is good for Josh to be able to joke around with the guys because I don't have the same sense of humor. Well, my experience on the road trip was ok, maybe next time I decide to go we will win and I can report on a different kind of bus trip. Sorry I didn't take any pics, but it was a bus with seats and people sitting in them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment