12:30 a.m. - Liam finishes nursing and FINALLY falls asleep
2:30 a.m. - Liam awakens for his next meal, it lasts 1 hour
4:30 a.m. - Liam is hungry again, this time he doesn't go back to sleep and cries until his next feeding
5:30 a.m. - Emma wakes up and climbs in bed with us; she wants to see her "baby bruder"
6:30 a.m. - his next feeding
7:00 a.m. - Page wakes up ready for breakfast, Will gets up and pours cereal in a bowl
7:30 a.m. - Liam finished nursing and goes to sleep, I get up and fix the girls breakfast because they are still hungry
8:30 a.m. - Liam is awake and hungry, but he has to wait a few minutes because his sisters "need" to hold him and kiss him or else they have an emotional breakdown which I can't handle right now
10:00 a.m. - finish feeding, burping and changing Liam, but he won't go back to sleep so into the bouncy seat he goes so that I can get the girls and myself dressed for the day
10:15 a.m. - Page is crying about how I fixed her hair and Emma is in time out for playing in the toilet
10:30 - Liam is still crying and NOT sleeping so instead of getting myself dressed, I try to calm him down and feed him again
11:00 a.m. - thank the Lord for Sesame Street!
11:30 a.m. - Liam finishes eating despite his sisters playing with his feet, hands and hair, now it's time to fix lunch
12:00 p.m. - eat lunch with the girls, 30 minutes later than usual and lots of whining about how hungry they are
12:30 p.m. - potty time since they didn't like my vegetable soup and only ate a few crackers
12:45 p.m. - pray and sing with the girls as I listen to Liam crying for his next feeding
12:50 p.m. - feed Liam, Emma starts screaming because Page bit her
1:00 p.m. - give Page a spanking while nursing Liam
1:30 p.m. - go into their room again and find them playing in their window sill, the blinds are destroyed. Both girls get a spanking and put back in bed, while burping Liam
2:00 p.m. - Liam will only sleep if I hold him, but he peed on the sling yesterday and I haven't had time to do laundry yet so I have to hold him. I hear Page singing songs to Emma
2:01 p.m. - I warn them to stop talking and go to sleep or they will stay in their room until they take a nap or it is dinner time
2:30 p.m. - Still no nap for the girls
3:00 p.m. - Hear screaming from the girl's room and find Page peeling paint off of her wall, again, and Emma can't reach her pacifier that Page has taken from her and thrown behind her bed
3:02 p.m. - I start questioning my ability to do this, stifle a little cry and take the girls out of their room even though it goes against what I said an hour ago because I am afraid of what they will do to their room if I leave them in there any longer
3:15 p.m. - snack time for the girls, i cut up an apple and throw in some dried cranberries to make it look pretty
3:30 p.m. - feeding time again, I pray, no, beg God to help Liam go to sleep so that I can fix dinner before Will gets home
4:00 p.m. - Page wants to paint and since I feel guilty about not playing with them all day I agree to water colors
4:10 p.m. - Emma poured out the cup of water all over herself and is splashing in the puddle it made on the floor, I try not to yell
4:11 p.m. - I am unsuccessful at restraining myself because now she is laying on the floor lapping up the water like a puppy
4:15 p.m. - Praise God Liam is sleeping! I put him in bed and clean up Emma and the floor. Page is crying about Emma pouring out her water and she needs to finish her picture for her daddy
4:20 p.m. - Page has new water and Emma is banned from the paint
4:30 p.m. - Time to start dinner
5:00 .m. - Call Will to see if he will be home any time soon, he doesn't know. Liam is awake and wanting to eat again
5:45 p.m. - Liam has eaten and gets put in the bouncy seat as I resume cooking since I had to stop earlier.
5:50 p.m. - Will is ready to get picked up from work so I stop cooking again and load all three kids into the van, they are crying about how hungry they are to which I reply, that's why lunch is so important.
6:00 p.m. - get Will from work and return home, Liam fell asleep in the car, hooray!
6:15 dinner is finally ready and we sit down to eat
6:30 p.m. - Liam is crying, Will gets him so that I can finish eating
7:00 p.m. - Will gives the girls a bath while I feed Liam again
7:30 p.m. - Since the girls didn't nap today they are very whiny and they get put to bed a little early. Emma wants to put on her pj's by herself and Page wants to cuddle with her daddy. I pray and sing while nursing Liam
8:00 p.m. - Liam is asleep and I contemplate doing housework or going to bed. Housework wins tonight because I think in some way tomorrow will be better if I have some order in the house. But I check the blog first and get sucked in to other people's lives
9:00 p.m. - Make myself get off the computer and unload the dishwasher and put clothes in the dryer. Throw the clothes that were in the dryer on the sofa with the intention of folding them. It doesn't happen.
9:30 p.m. - Liam wakes up to eat
10:15 p.m. - He is done eating and the crying starts.
11:30 p.m. - crying stops long enough for another feeding and then resumes until he passes out from exhaustion. I pray the whole time that I would not be angry about how hard things are right now and how tired I am.
Please read this with the humor that it was intended for. I found it therapeutic to type this up as the girls fought nap time again today and Liam was nursing. I know it is only a season and that this too shall pass, but I thought I would provide all of you with a window into my life right now. It could also be used as birth control for those of you out there contemplating another child, lol! Don't get me wrong, I love my children and love our growing family more than anything else in the world.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
WOW
Okay, I was reading some of my friends blogs and one of my friends has 2 girls under 4 and a newborn baby boy. Just read below and be amazed. This is what my friend posted about a day in the life of her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rachel, thanks for posting on my site. I will check back on yours often! Do you mind if I put a link on my site for yours?
that would be great. I need to be more interactive and post comments more often so maybe this can facilitate that.
Post a Comment