
I can't believe how many times I have heard this question in the last week. I guess I have taken it for granted the culture of Mardi Gras that I grew up with. To me when this time of year comes around I think of parades, beads ("throw me something mister") and king cakes. I mean we even get out of school and work for it. So I gave had to try and explain what a king cake is which was actually a lot more difficult than I thought. I have it explained it as a round cake (but not one made with cake mix), it has a hole in it, icing with different colored sprinkles on top.... see my problem. If you have never actually seen one this description is just plain confusing. Well I thought I would post a picture on my blog for those who couldn't visualize it, probably due to my confusing description. Oh and did I forget to mention it has a baby in it!
2 comments:
That does sound funny when you try to describe it! That one looks yummy :)
what is funny is that I found a king cake at Whole Foods this weekend and was able to share it with all my friends. They described it as a danish with sprinkles??
Post a Comment