Monday, April 13, 2009

We're Expecting


On President's Day weekend we went to a beach house with some friends of ours. That Sunday night we came home b/c I wasn't feeling well. In the middle of the night I woke up really sick and it scared me b/c I almost blacked out. So ER here we come. While we were there they let us know there might be a reason for this sudden illness. I was pregnant. It was a total surprise to both of us b/c I wasn't even going to do our monthy check until the next week. Josh and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year and a half. Well the next two weeks were great. I felt fine and could eat whateve I wanted. Then....another late night attack of extreme sickness. Back to the ER...this time they ran all kinds of tests just to make sure nothing else was wrong. I was about 6 weeks then and until 9 1/2 weeks I was extrememly sick. I am now at 12 weeks and feel much better. I still have fatigue and every once in a while I just won't feel good but it is sooo much better than before. I go for another ultrasound in 3 weeks and there might be the possibility of finding out if it is a boy or girl. I thought I wanted to be surprise but I don't think I can handle many more surprises. So I will keep everyone up to date now that I have passed the 3 month mark I feel a little more confident.

5 comments:

steele family said...

Rachel, I am so excited for you and Josh! I am glad you are starting to feel better. I will be praying that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing :)

By the way, I highly recommend the Bradley Method of childbirth. I did it with my kids and REALLY loved it.

Bridget said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! That's the best ER visit ever, right?! I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing!

Anonymous said...

yeah, little June will now have a cousin and I will be grandmaw twice in one year. I have three weeks of experience now with June so I'll be an experienced grandmaw by Oct

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting. Glad you are starting to feel better.

Hope Blooms said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so thrilled that you're doing better. I've been praying!!! Now I can finally tell the kids...