Tuesday, August 21, 2007

back to school


I thought I would put a picture of me going back to work. All my friends put pictures of the kids going back to school so I thought I would do the same. Of course, I got this bright idea after I had gotten home and changed clothes but you get the idea.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

too funny! Hope it's a great year for you! What is your field?

Rachel/Josh said...

I have my PhD in Experimental Psychology and M.S. in Marine Biology so I teach a variety of classes. Gen Psyc, Statistics, Learning, Cognition, Animal Cognition and Sensation & Perception.
At the University I am at I teach 4 classes a semester. So far I have had a lot of fun with my classes. I really enjoy my job and I love to get to know my students.

Bridget said...

Oh that's great! Ad is doing a post doc now (his undergrad was molecular bio, phd in microbiology with minors in food science and biochem)... he's into agriculture related stuff... he's starting to apply for positions for next year!!!! So exciting!
Is 4 classes about average? Do you have to do much research? I'm trying to get an idea of how busy he will be next year. ;)

Rachel/Josh said...

I went another route. My university places more of an emphasis on teaching. If he is at an institution that emphasizes research he will more than likely teach 2 classes a semester so that will leave him time to do research. I enjoyed doing research...I had really cool subjects (dolphins) but not all universities have dolphins to study so I have opted for mainly teaching and doing side projects at the local aquarium. I also really like it this way b/c I really don't take my work home. All through grad school I always worked at home, nights and weekends so it was a nice change to be able to leave it at the office.