


I know it has been a few weeks since I posted and as per a request I will soon post an update on Josh's first day at work but since work started back up not much has happened except school. But this weekend we worked for Habitat for Humanity with a group from church. We were paired with a bunch of Navy guys and one new Air Force guy.
There were actually two houses we worked on. One house was in a stage where floors were being put in and the other house had dry wall going up. So you must be thinking...... which of these jobs did Rachel do?? The answer: Neither.
Linda, Debbie and I were given the task of sorting and organizing all of their hardware. I am not kidding when I say we worked on this for 6 hours. It seems like it would make the job so much easier when you can see what you have and how much you have of each screw or nail. Now, most people may have found this job to be dull or boring but you have to remember who was working on this task. The three of us are probably the best people they could have asked to do this...why? not because we are good at it, no because we actually got excited about doing it.
Josh spent part of the day working on the yards and the rest of the day he helped out with flooring. It really was a great experience and we worked with the people who will be moving into the house. It really doesn't take much to help someone.
2 comments:
That's so wonderful! I've always wanted to do that... it's on my list of to dos. Great job!
sounds like fun!
Post a Comment